Parking & Transport
Total parks available in the CBD - 4850
On Street - 787
Off Street 4063
After 6pm there are 787 FREE parks on street available in the CBD!
On-street parking in the CBD is available for up to 2 hours!
- On-street PARKING METERS in Hamilton's CBD will give you up to 2 hours parking
- On-street PAY-AND-DISPLAY in Hamilton's CBD will give you up to 2 hours parking
- On-street parking in Hamilton's CBD is $2 per hour Monday – Saturday between 8am and 6pm
- On-street parking in Hamilton's CBD is FREE on Sundays and public holidays - time limits apply
- Reversing into angle parking such as in Worley Place is illegal and can result in a fine
Centre Place Bryce Street & Garden Place Car Parks
SPEND $10 GET FREE PARKING*
Spend $10 and get free parking* at Centre Place!
Park on weekdays and get 2 hours free.
Park on weekends or watch a movie at our cinemas and get 4 hours free.
Car park opening hours
Please note the car park is open until 1:30am during midnight premiere screenings at METRO by Hoyts
Click Here for further off-street parking options
Bus-it to Hamilton Central
View the routes, timetables and fares for buses into the city centre
Tired of spending money on taxis each weekend? Hop on board the Night Rider!
The Night Rider services a number of Hamilton's suburbs from midnight on Friday nights and from 7 pm on Saturday nights until 3.30 am on Sunday mornings.
Take advantage of the Night Rider service after dinner, a movie or a big night in the city. All buses depart outside Momento Cafe at 109 Victoria Street and you can catch the bus at any normal bus stop on route.
There is security on the bus making the Night Rider a safe transport option.
Late night urban services from the Transport Centre operate as normal on Fridays.
Full fares apply in each direction. For current fares check out the fares page.
Take the Onboard shuttle around the city centre while you're here
The most convenient way to get around...and it's free!